AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
SciPy 2010 will be held at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center at the University of Texas campus in Austin, Texas. The newly-constructed complex provides first class meeting faciliies, cutting-edge multimedia technology, and outstanding dining and accommodation options on-site.
Driving directions available at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center website.
- Kerbey Lane Homegrown diner-style food. Open 24 hours.
- Clay Pit Contemporary Indian. More formal atmosphere than most restaraunts in the area.
- Ruby's BBQ Authentic Anthony Bourdain-approved Texan BBQ just north of campus.
- Hot Slices Best campus-area pizza. Very affordable, New York style.
- Madam Mam's Fresh, spicy, and flavorful Thai cuisine.
- Torchy's Tacos Award-winning hot sauce and inventive combinations. Tacos are an Austin essential.
- Scholz Garten Historic biergarten with BBQ, German plates, and burgers.
- Coco's Cafe Bubble tea and Taiwanese menu.
- Veggie Heaven Vegetarian Asian cuisine; a student standby.
- Trudy's, Hole in the Wall, Dog and Duck Favorite spots for drinks near campus.
- Stubb's Legendary BBQ and live music venue.
- Katz Deli 24-hour New York deli classics and traditional Jewish kosher-style cuisine.
- Uchi Exceptional Japanese fusion menu. One of the city's most acclaimed restaurants.
- Polvo's, Guero's, Chuy's Popular takes on Tex-Mex.
- Midori Sushi Reliably yummy sushi restaraunt in North Austin.
- Mother's Cafe & Garden Vegan and vegetarian favorite. Great soups, enchiladas, veggie burgers and desserts.
- Salt Lick Bar-B-Que A Hill Country Institution. BYOB family-style barbeque.
- Madras Pavillion, Swad Two delectable vegetarian Indian spots in North Austin.
- Stubb's, Continental Club, Emo's Live music every night.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Movie theater with food and drink service at cabaret-style tables.
- Broken Spoke A true Texas dance hall. Country music and dance lessons nightly.
- Bicycle Sports Shop, Mellow Johnny's Bicylce rentals. Great for the hike and bike trails.
- Zilker Park boat rentals Canoe on Lady Bird Lake, a short walk from Downtown.
- Hamilton Pool, Sculpture Falls Swimming holes just out of town.
- Barton Springs Freshwater swimming pool - an Austin landmark!